Ensuring the Future of Omaha’s Jewish Community
Each year, the Jewish Federation of Omaha asks Omaha’s Jewish community to support its Annual Campaign. Annually dollars are raised to fund the Federation, its agencies and those organizations which it supports locally and in Israel.
Perpetual Annual Campaign Endowment (PACE) and Lion of Judah Endowment (LOJE) funds are permanent funds dedicated to endowing the Jewish Federation of Omaha Annual Campaign gift. PACE and LOJE funds are not intended to take the place of any current annual gifts. Instead they serve as a lasting legacy that will continue to make an annual gift to the campaign in perpetuity on your behalf.
You can establish a PACE or LOJE fund through a bequest, life insurance, charitable remainder trust, outright gifts of cash or property, transfers of securities, or through other arrangements. Income generated each year by the PACE Fund pays your annual campaign pledge in perpetuity. Create a LOJE with gifts totaling of $100,000 or more in your name, ensuring the perpetuation of your Lion of Judah annual campaign gift.
Carl Riekes, Jewish Federation of Omaha Foundation Board of Directors Immediate Past President, summarized the incredible value of PACE and LOJE funds, “Most of our major Federation annual campaign donors have been giving for decades. Their cumulative investment, in many cases, has been in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. By establishing PACE/LOJE funds, our donors will ensure the viability of that investment for future generations.”
There are a number of options to leave a perpetual legacy through a PACE or LOJE Fund:
- Make a Bequest in Your Will or Trust. You simply specify an amount in your will or trust to endow your gift to the Federation Annual Campaign.
- Life Insurance Policy. Life insurance gifts are particularly appealing to younger individuals. When the Foundation is the owner and beneficiary of the policy, you make a tax deductible donation to the Foundation in an amount equal to the premium, and the Foundation pays the premium. You may even be able to contribute an older policy to the Foundation and realize a tax benefit.
- Name the Foundation as the Beneficiary of your IRA or Qualified Retirement Plan. Use these assets to endow your Annual Campaign gift, and leave other assets subject to lower taxes to your heirs. Often subject to high estate and income taxes, an IRA or retirement plan left to your heirs may result in fewer dollars for them. The more you can save on your tax bill, the more your heirs will inherit from you. At the same time, future generations of Omaha Jews will enjoy the benefits of your generosity.
- Establish a Charitable Income Plan. A Charitable Remainder Trust or Charitable Gift Annuity will provide you or your loved ones needed income during your or their lifetime. Thereafter, designate the Foundation to receive the remainder of the trust or annuity to establish your PACE or LOJE fund. Important tax benefits and possible increased income opportunities are available with this approach.
- Give Cash, Securities or other Property. This approach allows you to take advantage of immediate tax benefits and to create your PACE or LOJE fund during your lifetime.
The Foundation will work with you and your financial advisors to identify the most tax efficient way to establish your legacy.
We extend a special thank you to the following individuals who have already endowed their Annual Campaign commitment by establishing a PACE or LOJE fund with the Jewish Federation of Omaha Foundation:
Norman* and Frances* Batt
Steven and Carol^ Bloch
Leo* and Aileen*^ Eisenstatt
Gary and Lisa^ Epstein
Paul and Sandy^ Epstein
Ted and Jamie Friedland
Roz Friedman*^ and Susan Friedman Cohn^
Thama Lee Friedman*
Ned* and Pearl*^ Giventer
Leonard* and Shirley*^ Goldstein
Andrea and Marc Hamburg
Marcel & Ilse Kahn
Howard and Gloria Kaslow
Forrest N.* and Lisa Stewart Krutter
Steven and Bonnie Levinger
Edward M. and Sally G.^ Malashock
Joe and Tina Meyers
Allan and Janie Murow
Bettie and Stuart* Muskin
E. Robert and Phyllis Newman
Murray and Sharee^ Newman
Steven and Patty^ Nogg
Carl and Zoë^ Riekes
Henry* and Dorothy*^ Riekes
Phillip* and Terri^ Schrager
Janet and Jerry Slusky
Phil Sokolof* (Term of Years)
Special Donor-Advised Fund
Maurice* and Joan Udes
Norman and Joodi*^ Veitzer
*deceased – this donor’s PACE or LOJE fund currently provides income each year to the Jewish Federation of Omaha’s Annual Campaign
^Lion of Judah
Please consider endowing your Annual Campaign pledge. We can work with you to arrange for a significant future contribution that is easy to financially support. Start planning your legacy now. Contact Howard Epstein at 402-334-6466 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting to discuss all the options available to establish a PACE or LOJE fund.